[CALL FOR INTEREST]
A BARRACKS IN TRANSITION
Avenue de l’Héliport, in the heart of the Nord quarter, has been the focus of many projects and surveys. Here, we especially find buildings now occupied by the Brussels Region’s SIAMU offices. The buildings are fine examples of brutalist 1970s architecture: the Brussels Region would like to explore their potential within its programme. In view of their strategic position, in different sectors of the Nord territory (Manhattan district, near the canal, Masui district), the site’s transition from the current SIAMU is particularly important to the future of a territory which is much wider than the site itself.
The survey seeks to assist with the Brussels-Capital Region’s decision-making, in both strategic and operational terms, on what will become of the buildings and how their future transformation will be organised.
The mission includes the following phases:
- Phase 1: Inventory, analysis and identification of existing and projected potentials;
- Phase 2: Establishment of scenarios and assessment;
- Phase 3: Establishment of final scenarios
For this mission, Société d’Aménagement Urbain (SAU) is looking for a multi-disciplinary team of architects-town planners capable of using the project research to view, test, inspect and optimise the challenges and options open for the transition of the SIAMU buildings. Interaction and co-construction with the authorities, including the facilitator Be Sustainable (Réferntiel Quartier Durable in the Region), will constitute a key part of the survey, to obtain an “innovative development model” for the Héliport site’s transition.
- Architecture – Town Planning – Project research (on architecture project scale)
- Analysis of post-war building in terms of history and heritage
- Urban programming
- Circular economy
- Project economy (financial analysis)
- Technical assessment
The team must be able to estimate the economic feasibility of its spatial proposals.
- Clear understanding of the mission, the suitability of the approach and the method proposed (50%)
- Suitability of the composition and organisation of the team to fulfil the mission satisfactorily (30%)
- Adaptation of the schedule and resources allocated to fulfilling the mission, consistency with the method and organisation proposed (20%)
- 13 January 2021: 3 to 5 teams will be invited to submit a tender;
- 12 February 2021: tender submission (note explaining the mission (method), team note, schedule note (distribution of roles);
- End of Februari 2021: contract award and start of the mission
- Total fees are set at €120,000 net of VAT.
- Expenses of €1,500 will be awarded to each team invited to tender which has submitted a regular offer and obtained half of the points on the basis of the award criteria.
If you are interested in the mission, please send an e-mail before 11 a.m. on 6 Januari to the team of the bouwmeester maître architecte, to firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest, motivation and experience and providing your contact details and/or those of the anticipated team (attaching no more than 1 page of A4).
The bouwmeester maître architecte accompany this assignment and will take part in the jury.