As an information and service hub, the Autism House sets out to be a resource centre for anyone affected by autism spectrum disorders in the Brussels-Capital Region. The intention of the Government is to develop this project in a totally inclusive manner by locating it within a group of buildings with a strong heritage value on the Usquare.brussels site. So both the project and the place are in the making, in a district that is itself undergoing redevelopment. This future district will bring together family housing, student housing and university facilities, giving it a broader outlook on society.
The mission proposed by the Société d’Aménagement Urbain (SAU) comes in the wake of a feasibility study that identified the needs of the sector’s stakeholders and provided broad guidelines for structuring the project. The project will have to organize the meeting between the general concept and the specific site , with following objectives:
- developing the concept of the Autism House in spatial terms and in line with the proposed site
- laying down the broad outlines of the architectural programme in functional terms
- fine tuning the programming and specific expectations in terms of facilities and development with a committee of users or user representatives
- establishing a structural diagnosis of the buildings concerned
- drawing up an estimated budget for the renovation work related to the project
The SAU is looking for a multidisciplinary team, with the following skills
- Architectural programming
- Estimate of the cost of the work
At the tender stage, the teams must also provide evidence of references and/or a specific approach in relation to the following themes:
- Raising awareness of disability and/or programming of spaces for specific audiences
- Heritage renovation
- Participation with users
- Relevance of the team’s composition to carry out the assignment (15%)
- Methodology and, coherence of the team’s mobilisation and the distribution of fees in relation to the mission and the proposed methodology (55%)
- Price (30%)
- Invitation to submit a tender : 6 of January 2023
- Submission of tenders: 24 February 2023
- Award of contract: beginning of March2023
The total order value of the framework agreement is limited to € 60.000 excl. VAT.
This amount should therefore not be considered as a budget estimate for the basic mission which is a lump sum, but should also include all other subsequent contracts.
- For this mission, a grant of € 500 will be awarded to each team invited to tender that submits a regular bid but is not finally selected.
If you are interested, we invite you to send an e-mail, before 27.01.2023 at 2 PM, to bouwmeester maître architecte at firstname.lastname@example.org, showing your interest, motivation and experience, and giving your contact details and/or those of the planned team (on a maximum of one attached A4 sheet).