[CALL FOR INTEREST]
A NEW CONTRACT FOR URBAN RENOVATION
The Brussels government has assigned a Urban Renewal Contract (CRU) to the districts around the Simonis metro station, straddling the municipalities of Koekelberg and Molenbeek-Saint-Jean. It’s a first for this city district. The aim of this initiative is, in particular, to open up and connect this district to the surrounding neighbourhoods.
The accent will lie on the urban network, as a priority for CRUs and a real challenge for this district, whose urban fabric is fractured by railways and the boulevard Léopold II. Another objective for this district will be to create infrastructures that contribute to the city’s economic and ecological transition.
To assist in this process, perspective.brussels is looking for a team that is capable of developing the fundamental plan for the URC and for the Environmental Impact.
Report (EIR), together with the process of participation and communication that must be established.
The URC development phase must be completed by the end of 2021 in order to launch the implementation phase between 2022 and 2026.
Perspective.brussels is looking for a team that is capable of developing the programming plan for the CRU and the Environmental Impact Report (RIE), together with the process of participation and communication that must be established.
The CRU development phase must be completed by the end of 2021 in order to launch the implementation phase between 2022 and 2026.
– Programming expertise
– Participation expertise
– Technical expertise for proper management of the RIE
– Quality of the vision for the study area (40%)
– Quality of the working method (30%)
– Degree of detail, motivation and justification of the price offered (20%)
– Ability to graphically summarise the operations and activities in the CRU (10%)
– Contract awarded early June
– Presentation of both the CRU and RIE project (diagnosis, challenges, CRU programme) in March 2021
– Modifications to the CRU project following the public enquiry in summer 2021
– Final version of both the CRU and RIE
– Participation throughout the CRU and RIE development process
FEES AND GRANT
– The contract is worth 132,000 euros excl. VAT;
– An expense allowance of 1,500 euros will be assigned to every team invited, after submitting a offer that meets the award criteria but is not chosen.
If you are interested in the work, we invite you to send an e-mail, before 12 noon on 27.03.2020, to the bouwmeester maître architecte at firstname.lastname@example.org, showing your interest, motivation and experience, and giving your contact details and/or those of the planned team (on a maximum of one attached A4 sheet).