[CALL FOR INTEREST]
THE FUTURE OF THE REYERS TOWER
For more than forty years, the Reyers Tower has been a landmark in the landscape of eastern Brussels. Located on the boulevard Reyers, it houses RTBF and VRT technical equipment, whose antennas can be seen on the platform running at a height of more than 70m. The planned relocation of the television stations, the technological changes that this entails as well as, more generally, the development of the new Mediapark.brussels district mean that the tower, its presence and function in the district need to be reconsidered.
As coordinator of the Mediapark development, the Société d’Aménagement Urbain (SAU) wishes to study different scenarios for the conversion of the tower and to analyse its programmatic, technical and financial features. The SAU is therefore seeking an architect to investigate redevelopment opportunities for the tower, integrated into the Médiapark, in connection with “Block A”, in order to have a more accurate framework for future operations on the block and on the tower.
The mission will be carried out in three phases. The first is to analyse the current technical features of the tower. Next, two reconversion scenarios will have to be thought up and studied. Finally, a preferred scenario will be developed on the basis of the first two phases. The mission will have to provide the UAS with the necessary elements to facilitate the setting up of the project with future partners, and also provide sufficient elements to enable it to organise the future architectural missions.
The mission described above constitutes the binding part of the contract. The UAS plans to possibly extend the mission being studied, by the partial demolition of the VRT building to allow for the development of “Block B” (conditional phase)
• Team composition and relevance (40%)
• Understanding of the overall mission and appropriateness of the methodology (50%)
• Consistency of fee distribution with respect to methodology (10%)
• 23.06.2020: 3 to 5 teams will be invited to submit an offer;
• 03.07.2020: submission of offers (team details, letter of intent, reference notes);
• 17.07.2020: award of the contract;
• 17.08.2020: start of the mission.
FEES AND EXPENSES
• The amount of the fees is set at 40,000 Euro excluding VAT for the binding part and 15,000 Euro excluding VAT for the conditional part ;
• Expenses of EUR 1,000 will be awarded to each team invited to tender that has submitted a regular offer and obtained half of the points on the basis of the award criteria.
If you are interested in the work, we invite you to send an e-mail, before 19 June 2020 at 10 am, to the bouwmeester maître architecte at firstname.lastname@example.org, showing your interest, motivation and experience, and giving your contact details and/or those of the planned team (on a maximum of one attached A4 sheet).
The bouwmeester maître architecte will support the project and advise the selection committee on their choice.
Photo copyright: Séverin Malaud