[CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST]
CHEESE AND JAM
Historically dedicated to agriculture, the Zavelenberg is a semi-natural site in Berchem-Sainte-Agathe characterized by a hilly landscape, meadows, hedges, woods and a wetland. A genuine bit of paradise that Bruxelles Environnement wishes to make available to new farmers and market gardeners. Zavelenberg’s ambition is to become a pilot area for open-air agricultural projects in Brussels, with a diversity of productions combining viability, social exchanges and the strengthening of biodiversity.
There are many issues at stake in this programme. The aim is to combine nature conservation and food production objectives through an agro-ecological approach, to offer a professional working space and tool for the development of a diversified agricultural production centre, to embody a lever for raising awareness of sustainable food and to encourage the reconnection of Brussels’ consumers with producers and, finally, to be part of a network of agro-ecological sites in the Brussels region with a view to experimentation and demonstration.
MISSION AND SKILLS
Bruxelles Environnement is therefore looking for a team for a complete mission of architecture and landscape architecture with regards to a joint programme of urban agriculture and nature at the Zavelenberg.
The landscaping mission includes the development of the area into plots dedicated to various agricultural activities (sheep breeding, market gardening, fruit growing), including the development of the various traffic on the site. The architectural mission concerns the construction of an agricultural building on site and the development of its surroundings. A communication mission for the whole mission is also expected.
Special attention is requested as to:
– The landscape, urban and architectural requalification of the site in relation to its context;
– Visibility and clarity of the accesses and facilities for the different mobilities on the site;
– The exemplary nature of the project in terms of environmental performance, in particular the modularity of the building and biodiversity;
– The use of materials from the reuse chain, or the reuse of existing materials on site.
In this call for interest, the minimum skills sought are as follows:
– Landscaping skills;
– Architectural skills;
In addition, teams invited to submit a bid will need to have an understanding of the following skills:
– Stability skills;
– Special techniques skills
– Hydrology/irrigation skills
– Health and Safety coordination skills
– Agro-ecological skills.
– 07.09: 3 teams will be invited to submit a tender
– 11.09: site visit and information session;
– 21.10 : tender submission;
– 29.10: tender presentation to the advisory committee;
– January 2021: awarding and start of the mission.
BUDGET: Estimated at EUR 867,735 euros excluding VAT;
FEES: Fixed at 12% VAT excluded of the amount of the work calculated on the estimate made during the submission of the work;
GRANT: €4500 allocated to each of invited teams that has submitted a regular and complete offer and has obtained at least 50% of the points.
If you are interested in this mission, please send an e-mail before 02.09.2020 at 10 AM to the bouwmeester maître architecte’s team via email@example.com and demonstrating your interest, motivation and experience and clearly indicate your contact details and/or those of the proposed team (on a maximum of 1 A4 page attached to the mail).
The bouwmeester maître architecte accompanies the procurement procedure and will take part in the advisory committee.