Between Place Liedts and the Josaphat park are St. Servais church and Place Lehon. Renovated in the early 2000s, the square, which hosts a weekly market, now has a strong identity in the eyes of the residents who frequent it. However, there are several negative aspects linked to this fully paved public space and a feeling that there is a lack of social and traffic safety.
The redevelopment of the “Petite Colline Green Axis” is the key project for public space in the district contract program. This axis consists of Rue Vandermeersch, Place Lehon and the streets around Saint-Servais church. The intention is the regenerate this public space in order to connect Place Liedts to Josaphat Park via a landscape structure offering islands of coolness; to create support for alternative mobility; to increase gender inclusivity; and to improve its attractiveness and use.
RenovaS is looking for a multidisciplinary team to carry out punctual renewal interventions within the study area. Place Lehon is an iconic space that is very dear to the inhabitants of the district. The project will include a part of activities, participation and permanent presence in cooperation with the client.
- Design public spaces
- Urbanity (25%)
- Habitability (25%)
- Sustainability and climate challenge (25%)
- Feasibility (25%)
- Invitation to submit a tender : 20 September 2023
- Site visit and briefing: 25 September 2023
- Submission of proposals: 10 November 2023
- Presentation of proposals to the jury: 21 November 2023
- Award of contract and start of the mission: December 2023
- € 1.210.000 incl. VAT
- The fees are fixed at 11% excl. VAT
- For this mission, a grant of € 5.000 will be awarded to each team invited to tender that submits a regular bid but is not finally selected.
If you are interested, we invite you to send an e-mail, before 18.09.2023 at 2 PM, to bouwmeester maître architecte at firstname.lastname@example.org, showing your interest, motivation and experience, and giving your contact details and/or those of the planned team (on a maximum of one attached A4 sheet).