The church of St. Clare in Jette, located along the Avenue Joseph De Heynlaan, is in an advanced state of deterioration and is no longer used for liturgical celebrations. Faced with this situation, the Bishopric of Mechelen-Brussels decided to demolish the church while maintaining a place of worship in the north of the municipality. The Church factory St. Clare, who owns the site, is therefore launching a feasibility study to examine the spatial and programmatic potential of the site as well as the technical and economic feasibility of developing a new church combined with a social programme.
The context in which the existing church is situated is quite rich: one finds a mixture of there an extension to the Cité modèle, a former garden city and a housing estate with bel-étage flats. The surrounding urban fabric is therefore characterised by a wide variety of typologies and building heights.
The assignment includes the following phases:
– Analysis of the site and diagnosis of the existing situation;
– Elaboration of development scenarios ;
– Elaboration of a memorandum defining the spatial and programming guidelines for the future development of the site.
The contract holder will have to 1) define various development scenarios in compliance with the applicable urban planning regulations, 2) determine their location and volume on the site, and 3) assess their technical and economic feasibility in consultation with the accompanying committee in order to establish the spatial and programming guidelines for the future development of the site. The total duration of the assignment is estimated at 3 months.
- Quality of working method (30%)
- Quality and relevance of the references (40%)
- Quality of programmatic and spatial intentions (30%)
- 2 April 2021: 3 teams will be invited to submit bids;
- Week of 5 April 2021: site visit;
- Week of 26 April 2021: submission of the offers (team note, reference note, intention note)
- Week of 3 May 2021: oral presentation to the advisory committee;
- May 2021: assignment of the contract;
- June 2021: start of the study;
- Duration of the study: 3 months.
FEE AND GRANT
- The honorarium is set at EUR 15,000 exclusive of VAT.
- A fee of EUR 1,000 will be awarded to any team invited to tender that has submitted a duly completed bid and has achieved half the points based on the award criteria.
If you are interested in the work, we invite you to send an e-mail, before the 24th of March at 12pm, to the bouwmeester maître architecte at email@example.com, showing your interest, motivation and experience, and giving your contact details and/or those of the planned team (on a maximum of one attached A4 sheet).