The Esseghem site, located in Jette, consists of a complex of six buildings. They were built between the 1970s and 1990s and are spread around a large public space. As part of the Magritte Sustainable Neighbourhood Contract, a competition was won by the Studio Paola Vigano for the complete redesign of the public spaces. The focus now is on the buildings themselves!
The assignment consists of a two-part feasibility study: on the one hand, the energy renovation of two housing blocks (Esseghem 1 and 2) with the ambition of reaching the regional EPB objectives (C+). To this end, different scenarios will be developed and costed by the team: minimalist (conservation of renovated components), medium (replacement of all components) and maximalist (addition of components). The feasibility study will financially target the most suitable scenario in terms of sustainability/circularity and energy performance with due consideration for the investments already made.
On the other hand, Lojega wants to exploit the ground floors of the buildings by reclassifying them and bringing the adjoining public spaces in line with the proposals of Studio Paola Vigano. The project owner wishes to stimulate this exploitation through temporary and/or transitory occupation in order to test and initiate possible and envisaged uses. The feasibility study will be required to propose both a participatory programme and the spatial and architectural expression of these spaces.
Lojega is looking for a multidisciplinary team that can deliver both parts of the study. These are complementary and the studies will progress jointly in keeping with the shared objectives.
- Stability engineer
- Special engineer
- Temporary occupation / space activation / participation
- Quality of the methodological note (40%)
- Understanding of the assignment (40%)
- Feasibility (20%)
- Invitation to submit a tender : 20.03.2023
- Site visit and briefing: 23.03.2023
- Submission of tenders: 19.04.2023
- Presentation of tenders to the jury: 04.05.2023
- Award of contract and start of the mission: may 2023
- The fees are fixed at € 120.000 excl. VAT
- A grant of € 2.000 will be awarded to each team invited to tender that submits a regular bid but is not finally selected. The tender consists of a methodology, feasibility and vision note, for a maximum of 12 A4 pages.
If you are interested, we invite you to send an e-mail, before 09.03.2023 at 2 PM, to bouwmeester maître architecte at firstname.lastname@example.org, showing your interest, motivation and experience, and giving your contact details and/or those of the planned team (on a maximum of one attached A4 sheet).