Following the call for School Contract applications in June 2023, for a maximum 3 new schools will be selected to benefit from this scheme. The School Contract is an urban renewal initiative of the Brussels Region. Its aim is to improve the school environment by encouraging schools to open up to their neighbourhoods, making them active players in local life. To find out more about the School Contract, visit the official page here.
The assignment includes 3 parts for each School Contract to be studied:
- Part 1: diagnosis and defining priorities
- Part 2: intermediate action and investment programme
- Part 3: final action and investment programme
The following competences are required, as a minimum:
- Architecture – Urban planning
- Writing – Communication
- Participation with particular attention to the young public and schools
- Quality, clarity and relevance of the vision (40%)
- Quality, clarity and relevance of the working methodology (50%)
- Ability to synthesise and communicate graphically the issues of the School Contract (10%)
- Invitation to submit a tender : week of 11.09.2023
- Presentation of tenders to the jury : 16.11.2023
- Award of contract and start of the mission : mid-december 2023
- The fees are fixed at € 100.000 excl. VAT
- A grant of € 1.500 will be awarded to each of the teams not selected that submitted a valid bid and obtained half of the points based on the award criteria.
If you are interested, we invite you to send an e-mail, before 01.09.2023 at 11 AM, to bouwmeester maître architecte at firstname.lastname@example.org, showing your interest, motivation and experience, and giving your contact details and/or those of the planned team (on a maximum of one attached A4 sheet).